Getting ready for a trip to Great Britain? Then London must be on your list. Not sure how to get the most out of your experience in this city? Then read this article to learn about the 30 best things to do in London.
Being the capital city of the United Kingdom, London is one of the most visited cities in the world due to its cultural dynamism. This place has a rich history and is famous for a number of things. There are several alluring historical monuments that tourists love to visit. Not to mention how this city has been a great innovator in the field of art.
But it is not only the history and culture of London that makes it such a wonderful place. The tourists in London also love to explore its cuisine. It is a great place for fine-ding and good times.
London as a city is packed with wonderful things to explore. However, it is generally impossible to explore everything within one trip. That being said, we have curated a list of the best things to do in this city.
Best 30 Things you should do in London
# Make Sure to Visit all the Major Attractions
London has a lot of attractions to offer. And the list is just really long. That’s why we have curated a list of major attractions in London that you must not miss. The list goes as follows:
- Big Ben
- Buckingham Palace
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour London The Making of Harry Potter
- Kew Gardens
- London Eye
- Tower of London
- St Paul’s Cathedral
- London Transport Museum
Visiting these places won’t take much long if you plan it right. So, take out your map and mark your trips.
# Do Fun Things in London
If you are looking to have some fun time with your friends and folks, London has a lot to offer. The list below has some of the best places to visit if you are looking to have fun:
- Theme parks (like Shrek’s Adventure! London, Legoland Windsor, etc.)
- Hyde Park’s Serpentine Lake for boating
- Hampton Court Palace and Somerset House for ice-skating
- Wembley Stadium for watching games (or taking a stadium tour)
- Thames River for speedboat tours and other water activities
All these places are great for people of all ages to have fun. So, whether you are traveling with your family or with your friends, these places have a lot to offer.
# Free spots and Activities
If you are tight on budget, London still has a lot to offer. In fact, these places are cool to visit even if you’re not on a budget. Find the list below:
- Explore the eight Royal Parks (like St James’s Park Bushy Park)
- Make sure to visit free art galleries and museums (like National Gallery)
- Visit Covent Garden to watch street performances
- Make sure to Tower Bridge at the right time when it lifts up
- If you go in the first two weeks of June, you can get to enjoy full bloom in Regent’s Park
These budget friendly places are a must visit if you are going to the British Capital city!
# Have Fun with Your Kids in London
Are you having a vacation with your family and kids? Then you must be looking for some spots where your kids can enjoy. Luckily, this city has a lot to offer for tourist kids too! Check out the list below to find some great options for your kids to have fun in London:
- Visit Crystal Palace Park to see full-size dinosaurs. The place also has a maze and a children’s farm.
- Take your kids to SEA LIFE London.
- Your kids can walk through the magical world of Harry Potter at Platform 9 ¾ at King’s Cross.
- There are also many theatres that offer kids-friendly plays.
- Visit the V&A Museum of Childhood and explore the collection of toys.
- Take your kids to Kidzania London.
# Have a romantic experience with your significant other
Along with everything else, London is a very romantic city. If you are on a trip with your significant other to this destination, there are a number of things you can do. From romantic dates to romantic walks, and so on—London has a lot for you and your loved one. The list below has some of the best options:
- Explore the famous shopping streets of the city with your loved one during the time of Christmas. Around this time, the markets and shopping areas are beautifully decorated which makes them perfect for a romantic outing.
- During sunset, enjoy the beautiful view of London’s skyline at The View from The Shard.
- Taking a Helicopter over the sights of the city is a full-proof awesome date idea.
- Planning to propose the love of your life? You can make this moment even greater by taking them to romantic places like the London Eye, Little Venice’s beautiful canals, etc.
- Have a walk in the romantic setting of the colorful neighborhoods around Primrose Hill.
- Take your love on a dinner date to a romantic restaurant like Hills, Sky Garden restaurants, J Sheekey Atlantic Bar, etc.
It is a beautiful city with a lot to offer in terms of aesthetics. This makes it one of the best places to explore with your significant other.
London is one of the best tourist destinations. It has a lot to offer to every type of tourist. However, since the city is so full of wonders, it can be difficult to sort a proper list. And that’s where the list given above can come really handy! This way, you will be able to get the most out of your holidays in the British Capital!