Hiking can make your travel experience even greater. It is very refreshing and fun. A destination that has great hiking spots is a total jackpot. Are you planning to explore America? Then we have a list of the 7 best spots to hike in the USA that you must visit.
There are a number of benefits of hiking. It is not only a great exercise but it is also very refreshing. Moreover, it is the best way to explore nature. On top of that, hikers are not only fit but they are also lesser prone to stress and depression. This explains why many hikers travel around the world to go hiking at different spots.
The USA is a very vast country. There are a lot of diversities in terms of geography too. Hence, the country harbors many great spots for hiking. Although, it is always great to hike the warm weather is approaching and so is the best time to hike. Therefore, in order to get the best out of your US trip, you must explore its hiking spots.
However, exploring all the hiking spots can be difficult within one trip.
Hence, we have curated a list top 7 hiking spots in the USA that you can choose from.
Here are 7 Best Spots to Hike in the USA that Hikers absolutely love
#1 Grand Canyon National Park
Situated in Arizona, Grand Canyon National Park is one of the most famous ones in the USA. And its South Kaibab Trail makes it one of the best hiking spots.
Many hikers find Grand Canyon National Park the best place for hiking for a number of reasons:
- The hike trails are full of scenic beauty
- There are trails for both beginners and hiking veterans
- You can even spot some wildlife
- A beautiful birds-eye view of the river
- Great picnic spots
Hence, hiking at Grand Canyon National Park can be a great option. Whether you are trekking with your friends or family and kids, the park has something to offer for all.
#2 Mount Rainier National Park
Situated in Washington, Mount Rainier National Park is another great spot for hiking in the USA. Here, you will find Burroughs Mountain Trail which amounts to about 9 miles roundtrip.
Some of the reasons why Burroughs Mountain Trail of Mount Rainier National Park is one of the best spots for hiking are:
- The trail is great for strenuous hiking. Hence, it is best suited for professional trekkers.
- There are many scenic spots on this trail.
- The trail is also flanked by glaciers.
However, you’d want to check local conditions before heading out since the huge snowdrifts in the early season can be very dangerous.
#3 Yosemite National Park
Yosemite National Park is situated in California. And here you can find great trails for hiking. Of all, the Mist Trail is the most famous.
Below listed are some of the things that make Mist Trail of Yosemite National Park a great spot for hiking:
- Hikers get to stroll amongst the great towering ancient redwood trees.
- Enjoy the epic scenes of Vernal and Nevada Falls
And if you don’t find Mist Trail suitable for you, there are also many other hiking trails in Yosemite National Park.
#4 Grand Tetons National Park
Wyoming is home to the Grand Tetons National Park which has Cascade Canyon Trail. Although hiking through this trail can get quite strenuous, it is totally worth it.
These are some of the key factors that make hiking trail in Grand Tetons National Park a great option:
- Hiking here will let you discover some hidden waterfalls.
- You will get striking views of Teton Mountain Range.
- The overall scenic beauty it has to offer is delightful and totally worth going on this 14 miles long hike.
Your hike will begin and end at the most beautiful lake of the Grand Tetons National Park—Jenny Lake. Make sure to spend some time in the town of Jackson Hole.
#5 Zion National Park
Located in Utah, Zion National Park is home to one of the best hiking trails in the USA. The park’s Angel’s Landing is a five-mile-long hike.
A number of things make hiking at Angel’s Landing Zion National Park a great spot for hiking:
- Angel’s Landing provides absolutely spectacular views.
- Its dramatic geology is worth exploring.
- There 250-million-year-old rock layers.
- The place also offers many other epic spots.
So these are some of the key features of Zion National Park that makes it one of the 7 best spots to hike in the USA.
#6 Yellowstone National Park
Yellowstone National Park is another great spot for hiking in Wyoming. The park has Grand Prismatic Spring Overlook Trail which is a cool spot for beginner hikers.
There are a number of things that make Yellowstone National Park one of the best spots for hiking in USA:
- The hiking trail is beginners friendly.
- You get a view of the largest hot spring in the USA.
- The trail has breath-taking views to offer.
Therefore, hiking at Yellowstone is a must if your holidays in USA.
#7 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Great Smoky Mountains National Park is situated in the USA’s Tennessee. Apart from the gorgeous natural view, the park has a famous hiking trail—Porter’s Creek.
Below listed are the key reasons why hikers love the Porter’s Creek trail of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park:
- It is a moderately-paced hike best suited for intermediate hikers.
- In springtime, it is surrounded by a blanket of gorgeous wildflowers.
- Ownby Cemetery and John Messner farm are some of the historical sites that you can explore on this hike.
- Nearby, there are cities of Memphis, Nashville, and Knoxville which are worth exploring.
Hence, if USA is your destination, you should definitely hike the Porter’s Creek trail!
Thanks to its geography and history, the USA is full of tourist spots. Hence, it is home to many great spots for exploring nature. With the help of the list above, you can learn about 7 best spots to hike in the USA. Walking in the lap of nature, you will be able to get the most of your trip.